Winix air purifiers are highly regarded, thanks to their patented PlasmaWave technology, a feature that sets them apart from other air purifiers in the market. Winix purifiers are designed for spaces up to 360 square feet in size.
With a range of models available from the brand, selecting the right one can be a bit perplexing. We have narrowed it down to two Winix models for you to consider: the Winix AM90 and the Winix 5500–2. We’ll compare these models based on their features and their respective advantages and disadvantages.
The Winix AM90 is compact and covers an area of around 360 sq. ft. This model is the most compact one in the entire Winix air-purifier range. Along with being compact, this air purifier also includes smart technology.
This intelligent air purifier cleans the air through a four-stage filtration system to capture 99 percent of dust particles and allergens. The filters replace each other automatically to maintain a clean atmosphere inside your home.
Winix AM90 Features
- Wi-Fi Control – You can use this in-built technology to operate the purifier from your mobile. The Winix app lets you change the settings to ensure clean airflow inside your home and office.
- Connects to Alexa – Yes, this unit connects to Alexa. So you can easily change the settings using your voice, which makes it easy and convenient to operate this unit.
- Smart Sensors – Smart sensors in the unit consistently monitor air quality to detect pollutants. If it detects any impurities, the unit automatically adjusts its fan speed to make the air clean.
- Automatic Mode – When you turn on this Mode, the purifier maintains clean air circulation without needing any input from you.
- Sleep Mode – when your room is dimmed, or the lights are turned off, the sensor adjusts the fan speed and turns it to the lowest speed so that you can sleep without being disturbed by noise.
Winix AM90 Pros and Cons
When it comes to keeping the air quality and removing airborne allergens and pollutants, you need a resilient, durable purifier that is also efficient. The 5500-2 will not let you down because it has all the necessary features to purify the air.
Don’t believe us?
User reviews support our claim. The 5500-2 is a popular choice, and buyers are satisfied with this unit’s performance.
Winix 5500-2 Features
- Air Quality Indicator – there is an LED light in front of this purifier, which indicates the air quality inside your room. Blue means it’s good, and orange stands for moderate, whereas red means the quality is terrible.
- Smart Sensors – these sensors detect odors and pollutants in the air and automatically adjust the settings to keep the air clean.
- Filter Change Indicator – the LED lighting alerts you when it’s time for a filter replacement.
- Timer – the timer gives you the option to set a running time for the appliance before it shuts off. The durations include 1, 4, and 8 hours.
- Automatic Mode – the automatic Mode integrates with the smart settings on the appliance to deliver quality air without you having to intervene repeatedly.
- Sleep Mode – When you dim the light or turn it off, the appliance goes into sleep mode and keeps the fan running on the lowest setting so that you can sleep peacefully.
- Remote control – the 5500-2 includes a remote control so that you can change the settings from across the room.
Winix 5500-2 Pros and Cons
Difference between Winix AM90 and Winix 5500-2?
Both models have a five-stage filtration system, and most features are similar. But the Winix AM90 comes with smart features that allow you to operate the purifier using your phone.
Which is Better, Winix AM90 or Winix 5500-2?
If you want an air purifier for your home, we recommend the Winix 5500–2. It has all the essential features you need to maintain the air quality in your residential space easily. The Winix AM90 is better suited for commercial spaces since it is compatible with smart technology.